Friday, November 4, 2022

Blog post #1 5 News Sources

Nowadays it becomes more and more likely that people will get their news from social media. The issue with this is that many companies all over social media out inaccurate and often incomplete information in the form of colorful, easily consumable, infographics. If you are going to get news from social media, it's important to look past these infographics and find more reliable sources. It's also important to get off social media and check other sources for accurate information. Here are my top sources of news both from social media and not. 

NowThis is readily available all across different social media platforms. I mostly see it on the Snapchat featured stories page. NowThis provides quick recaps of current events in an easily digestible fashion. They tend to provide just enough information without being too brief and leaving some info out. I would recommend this for young people always on the go. They provide short descriptions of what's going on but if you want something more in-depth, this is not the place to go. 

WTNH is my local news station. I grew up watching this every day, they always updated me on the weather, traffic, and any other events in CT before I went to school. Their information was always in depth and reliable, I felt as though the whole story was always told. I would recommend anyone from CT to put WTNH on in the morning for current events. 

SpillTeaCT is an informal Connecticut news source. They provide information generally for young people on events happening throughout the state. Stories often get sent in to them and they post it (after checking that it is at least partially true). They are not a reputable source for news, but they are a great space to know the general idea of what's going on locally. Whenever I see something interesting there I tend to always look it up on a more reputable source like WTNH to confirm its validity. I would recommend this for high school and college students throughout the state that like to hear the buzz. 

The New York Times is one of the most reputable new sources out there. I always check out the New York Times to confirm stories I've heard on other sources. I can trust the New York Times to give me the most reliable information because they have been around so long and built up credibility. I would recommend this source to people who want to confirm other things they saw online. 

Complex is my favorite news source for pop-culture news. Anything happening in the entertainment world, I generally find out about it from Complex. Compared to similar sources such as RapTV I generally find Complex to have more complete and trusted information. With all the fake news out there especially in the entertainment world, its integral to find the most quality resources for trusted news. I would recommend looking at complex for pop culture news over the commonly used RapTV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #11 (Option #1) - Personal Use of Technology

  As a member of Generation Z and a young college student, I am a constant user of the internet and social media. Personally, I have tried t...